ACA’s Reconciliation Action Plan
The advertising industry is built upon the craft of storytelling, the arts and cultural influence. It is our responsibility to ensure that the stories we tell, and our own behaviours are progressing culture in the best possible way.
It is simply not acceptable that our industry has such low representation from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Advertising Council Australia is currently working with Reconciliation Australia and a number of key stakeholders to develop a Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), alongside a guide for our members to develop their own RAPs.
The ‘Reflect’ stage has been submitted to Reconciliation Australia, and signifies an important step in journey. We intend to launch this in the second half of 2020.
The ACA Reconciliation Action Plan will:
- Educate membership
- Encourage member to develop their own RAPs
- Identify an industry-wide initiative to help support key Reconciliation Australia activities
- Provide pathways for the Indigenous Community to get jobs in the industry
The ACA Members Guide to Reconciliation Action Plans will include:
- Why a RAP is important
- What are the stages of a RAP
- How to get started
- How to access Indigenous industry partners and resources