Advertising Council Australia
Social Media Marketing Manager
Permanent part-time (1-2 days per week depending upon requirements)
Advertising Council Australia is the peak body for Australia’s leading agencies in the advertising industry. Our purpose is to foster the long-term prosperity of the industry, making advertising the most valued professional service in Australia.
We are committed to advancing the practice, reputation and influence of the advertising industry through career development, and leadership, demonstrating the value our industry contributes to commerce and society and serving as a tireless champion of creativity.
The Social Media Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing the social strategy for, and being the social voice of, our brands’ interactions with the public. You will moderate and inspire communication and conversation with audiences across multiple channels. These may include but are not limited to LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, X, Facebook, and YouTube.
The value of this role lies in your ability to strategically and genuinely connect with ACA’s target audiences. Another role is to provide feedback to various internal departments on the performance and optimisation of our channels and communities.
You will have a passion for contributing to and originating best-in-class social content and know that doing this means being across social trends and culture including AI, to streamline ACA’s social workload.
You will be great at project management, with a talent for managing multiple campaigns alongside BAU content deliverables. An excellent communicator, you will be able to navigate multiple stakeholder relationships with ease.
The role is permanent part-time, most likely 1-2 days per week on average but could be more dependent upon the success. There are no set office hours so the successful candidate has the opportunity to develop a flexible approach depending upon other commitments.
Working with the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for:
- taking a lead on ACA’s social media strategy and content for our suite of industry events, courses and awards.
- executing content calendars across channels, writing compelling, insights-led, and well-researched posts.
- collaborating with internal and external ACA stakeholders to develop content.
- ensuring the content strategy supports overall growth goals by working cross-functionally with internal teams.
- strengthening social/digital content (paid and organic) to improve SEO performance and user experience.
- developing an analytics dashboard incorporating ACA’s website and social media data, for weekly and monthly reporting.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of copywriting and content marketing/strategy experience.
- 1+ year of SEO experience.
- Proficient knowledge of and experience across key social platforms including but not limited to LinkedIn (incl LinkedIn Campaign Manager), Meta Business Suite ( Facebook, Instagram), TikTok, Threads, X and YouTube – and third-party monitoring and reporting tools incl Google Analytics 4.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Strong understanding of digital customer behaviour and how to leverage content to drive awareness and action.
- B2C and or B2B experience in professional development/corporate learning a plus.
Suitably qualified and skilled individuals should submit their CV.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Your application will include the following questions:
How many years’ experience do you have as a content strategist?
How many years of digital copywriting experience do you have?
Please email both a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your CV to ACA P&C Consultant, Sarah Jones Palmer: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in confidence.
You must have the right to work in Australia