Advertising Council Australia
Advertising Council Australia is the peak body for Australia’s leading agencies in the advertising industry. Our purpose is to foster the long-term prosperity of the industry, making advertising the most valued professional service in Australia.
We are committed to advancing the practice, reputation and influence of the advertising industry through career development, and leadership, demonstrating the value our industry contributes to commerce and society and serving as a tireless champion of creativity.
The Partnerships Lead at ACA is responsible for driving sponsorship strategy and activation opportunities for our brands and products, using your extensive knowledge of how sponsorship and partnership ideas intersect with our organisation to deliver positive commercial outcomes. The Partnerships Lead manages new business in the sponsorship and partnership space which ultimately drives additional revenue and broader business relationships for ACA.
The role is focused on leading and inspiring new relationships to confidently and strategically create and sell ideas that generate brand and commercial outcomes for ACA’s highly-regarded, industry-recognised properties including:
The Partnerships Lead will need to understand our properties intimately, build effective relationships with our internal team and inspire confidence in the effective delivery of projects to budget.
In this role, you will represent ACA and spearhead establishing and managing relationships with external organisations. This includes but is not limited to, partner negotiations and management, brand collaborations and joint ventures.
You must be an expert at bringing people together to achieve win-win outcomes.
1. New Business Development (60%)
- Contribute leads to prospect lists from existing networks and client relationships and nurture our existing and new networks and relationships to drive new business development.
- In partnership with the CEO and Senior Marketing Lead develop and execute a growth strategy for the business to achieve agreed revenue targets.
2. Sponsor and Stakeholder management (40%)
- Collaborate with our team to unlock best-in-class partnership ideas and opportunities for existing brands and products.
- Lead the partnership strategy and evaluation of relevant properties to solve our sponsors’ needs/issues.
- Provide consultation and advisory support to our team on all matters related to sponsorship and partnerships including identification and evaluation of new and existing opportunities, rights and benefits leverage, negotiations, measurement and ROI.
Skills and Experience required
- Demonstrable experience in taking the strategic lead on major partnership and sponsorship deals and delivering outcomes that exceed client expectations.
- Experience building and leading relationships across both large and small clients.
- Experience leading client relationships with exposure to Board-level decision-makers.
- Proven experience working collaboratively with a Comms team to develop and sell ideas.
- We are looking for you to demonstrate:
- Your approach to strategies for generating revenue.
- Enthusiasm and sales-driven approach.
- Effective negotiation and decision-making abilities.
- Goal-driven with proven sales ability.
- Effective relationship builder.
- Ability to identify growth opportunities and lead the execution of strategies.
How to Apply
Please email both a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your CV to ACA P&C Consultant, Sarah Jones Palmer: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in confidence.
You must have the right to work in Australia