Group Business Director
Clemenger BBDO is looking for a Group Business Director.
As the Standout Group Business Director, you are charged with creating an environment where clients are receptive to innovative and challenging ideas and where your agency teams are motivated and inspired to produce best in class creative work. You take the lead of your team, your clients and carve out the direction strategically and creatively. You take responsibility for leading the team in achieving the direction. You are responsible for the financial management and profitability of your accounts, ongoing client satisfaction and team development.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience of the industry, in particular around marketing and communication strategies and their execution.
- Possess an excellent understanding of what makes for great strategic and creative work and actively contribute to, and progress the agency agenda in this field.
- Develop a deep knowledge of your clients business assuming the role of partner to key senior clients, working collaboratively with clients to achieve their business and communications objectives.
As the Group Business Director, you will be responsible for defining the agency practices and processes that facilitate and enable great strategic and creative work to flourish. In particular, this will include:
- Setting account plans – working with senior management you will be required to set out a plan for your account, covering strategic, creative, relationship, team and financial objectives for the business, that you will be responsible for delivering.
- Resourcing – you will be required to ensure that the accounts you run are staffed to meet client needs while ensuring agency profitability targets are met.
- Finance – working with the Finance Director you will be responsible for leading, setting and monitoring performance against forecast and developing/negotiating fee proposals.
- Setting the long term strategic direction – you will be responsible for leading the long term strategic direction of the business working closely with senior planners and clients to ensure alignment around a common plan.
- Setting the creative standard – working with the ECD/CD’s you will be responsible for setting and achieving a strong creative standard on your accounts. This will include inspiring and empowering those around you in contributing to this.
- Oversee the team in the development and execution of work – you will be responsible for supporting the team in the development and production of creative work, contributing to the processes and acting as problem solver as required.
Growth & Development
As Group Business Director you will be responsible for developing and growing your accounts both financially but also strategically and creatively. This will involve:
- Becoming a partner to your client – as Group Business Director you should be the partner to your senior clients, working hand in glove with them to develop the business going forward.
- Growing the business – as Group Business Director you will be constantly seeking ways of growing your clients business, including seeking opportunities to promote use of Clemenger Group companies and services.
In addition, you will also be required to grow and develop the agency teams around you. In particular, this will include:
- Training and development – organising, developing and leading agency training and development.
- Staff performance reviews & career development – leading the review process for your team and monitoring performance against job descriptions and career plans.
- Culture – as a Group Business Director you will be required to contribute to the development and growth the of agency culture, both internally among staff but externally as well, where you will be the ambassador for the agency.
As Group Business Director you will be expected to develop strong and enduring relationships with senior clients, and senior agency personnel. Key to this will be developing strong relationships with:
- Clients – you will be expected to have strong relationships with senior clients and throughout client teams. This relationship should be founded on honesty, openness and trust. You should be perceived as a long term partner to your clients with shared goals and objectives.
- Internal stakeholders – you will be required to have strong relationships throughout the agency, but most importantly at a senior level with key operational personnel to ensure smooth running of the agency, management and creative. You will work collaboratively with your EPD, ECD to define and achieve strategic and creative excellence.
- External stakeholders – you will be required to develop strong relationships at a senior level with key external stakeholders related to your business, but also within the Clemenger Group.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified.
- 8-10+ years advertising agency experience in account management with experience in relevant category.
- Proven experience in managing large teams.
- Proven experience in financial management of accounts.
How to Apply
About the Company
Our belief in Creativity is always the answer is all about responding brilliantly and profoundly to any problem as if it is a question.
We are all about creating ideas of value, through enduring, progressive and pioneering methods, for sustainable, disproportionate and extraordinary outcomes for the country’s most culturally significant brands in the image of humanity.
Please note: All applicants must have valid Australian working rights.