The Zoo Republic is looking for a Digital Designer to create original, effective design solutions for a diverse range of clients as part of a small but highly experienced Creative Department. You will need to conceptualise ideas, develop creative solutions across primarily digital formats but also in print, and also have the technical expertise to hold conversations with Developers.
- You can consistently produce high quality and visually compelling multi-channel designs.
- You’ll have the experience and confidence to contribute to client-facing meetings and workshops on all facets of the digital landscape.
- At TZR we work collaboratively to interpret client briefs, identify problems, collect information, analyse ideas and formulate solutions and you will be heavily involved in that process.
- From UX to UI, and IA through to CSS, you’ll need to understand all of the acronyms and speak tech talk in your sleep. We’re looking for a Designer who strangely enjoys the technical side of digital projects, whether that’s designing and building a Landing Page, or working with a Dev team on a full website or new platform build, thinking through a component architecture and translating typography systems to CSS.
- You will be called up to assist the Creative and Art Directors with your ideas and concepts as well as your Digital Design skills for both live client work and pitches.
You will also work on:
- Campaign rollouts, both print and digital
- Developing brand and style guides
- Retouching and image manipulation
- Typographic treatments
In this role, you will get the chance to be mentored by some of the industry’s finest, so you can grow your career and deepen your industry experience.
General Skills & Requirements
- A strong portfolio with a range of animated and static digital design work.
- Strong website experience. Familiarity with designing a website from the ground up including everything from establishing IA to wireframes to high fidelity designs for both desktop and mobile, and the ability to prototype these designs.
- You’re competent in the standard software: Figma, Sketch, Google Web Designer, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience with SparkAR and/or Lens Studio will be an advantage.
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS will also be an advantage.
- Storyboarding and implementing ideas for video content.
How to Apply
Send your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Why work at The Zoo?
The Zoo Republic is one of Australia’s longest-running independent communications agencies. We are a small but feisty independent that was founded 21 years ago on the idea that there’s a better way to treat people. We want to attract and work with the best of them. We’ve cleverly crafted a company culture and people strategy that attracts and retains outstanding talent.