Communications Planning Director
CHE Proximity is looking for a new breed of Communications Planning Director.
- Leading the strategic media planning for all a number of key Sydney clients.
- Creating strategic packs which answer our clients key business needs.
- Working with other strategic planners (data, experience, brand, innovation) to align the media strategy with other strategic functions.
- Building and mentoring the team as it grows as a senior leader of the Sydney media team as well as being a part of the overall media leadership group nationally.
- Working with the trading team to help bring strategies to life.
- Working with media partners and other members of the team to help develop relationships.
- Helping to educate the wider agency and other departments.
- Working with other departments in the agency to solve client’s business problems.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A strong understanding of the industry particularly in the Sydney markets. Ideally 5-6+ years of experience.
- A proven history of strong strategic outputs.
- The ability to create a narrative around a strategy to help to bring it to life.
- Ideally fully integrated, however, we will consider candidates with a strong skill set predominately in digital.
- An understanding of data, how it can be used and its importance will be preferred.
- Equally any understanding of DMP or the Adobe Marketing Cloud will also be preferred.
- The ability to lead relationships with media partners for the agency.
- Experience across industry standard tools. Plus the ability to lead the search for new and innovative solutions.
- The ability to work in a team and with other departments in the agency to solve client’s business problems.
- The desire to look forward, review interesting trends both inside and outside the industry and contribute to the vision of the agency.
How to Apply
About the Company
Who is CHE Proximity?
More than ever before the medium, the message and its sequencing are inseparable from each other.
Connected creativity is the synchronization of strategic positioning, engaging creative, combined with the next generation of engagement planning to ensure ideas create the cut-through needed to deliver the strongest commercial performances. Today, creativity cannot be left to chance. One brand expression or big TV ad is simply not enough.
More than ever, brands need to live in culture and our consumers worlds, allowing audiences to not only consume brands, but take part in owning, creating and amplifying them. To do this, the role of influencers, publishers, the news and bought media are inseparable from each other and the expression of the idea itself. To create such work, the classic disciplines of the marketing mix – advertising, experience, PR, CRM, media, digital – must all be unified, removing P&Ls, biases and incumbency to reveal a new breed of agnostic agency, resulting in connected creativity.
At CHE Proximity, we see this as the shift from brand as advertising to brand as experience. It is as profound a change in advertising as the printing press was to the democratisation of information. We are investing our every effort into leading this transformation and in doing so, supporting the sustainability of our cherished industry as an essential ingredient of modern commerce.
This is what we call Connected Creativity.
Some recent highlights
In addition to growing our business with high profile and forward-thinking clients our creativity and effectiveness has been recognised by our peers:
- AFR Most Innovative Companies 2020: #1 Media & Marketing Company
- AFR Most Innovative Companies: Best Marketing Innovation 2017 – 2020
- Mumbrella 2020: Full Service Agency of the Year
- WARC 2020: #3 Most Effective Agency in the World
- Contagious Pioneers: Top 10 Best and Bravest Agencies on the Planet 2018 2020
- B&T 2019: VIC & Direct Response/Performance Agency of the Year
- London International Awards 2019: APAC Agency of the Year
- Tangrams: Asia Effectiveness Agency of the Year 2018, 2019
- WARC: Most Effective Australian Agency 2014 2020
Clemenger Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and people of all backgrounds to apply.
At Clemenger Group we employ flexible work practices where appropriate, support charities including Peter MacCallum, and undertake a range of environmental initiatives across our businesses.