Everyone in the industry has a responsibility to actively oppose sexual harassment in all its forms, regardless of role or seniority. Create (Safe) Space is ACA’s initiative to stamp out sexual harassment and victimisation in the industry.
ACA MEMBERS ONLY To access the recording please contact email@example.com
Sexual harassment is not an issue that can be eliminated with policy alone – resolving it requires both internal and external commitments to review and reshape cultures and practices to ensure all staff are protected.
Our (Safe) Space Foundations Program assists with risk minimisation in the immediate, medium, and long term. Conducting up-to-date training for all employees of the organisation provides leading agencies with the momentum to make longer-term cultural shifts.
(Safe) Space Training
To create a culture that doesn’t tolerate sexual harassment, we need agreed definitions and standards of behaviour to be clearly communicated. Our (Safe) Space training sessions are designed to set these foundations. ACA has partnered with leading employment law expert, Danny King Legal (DKL) to brief ACA members on the latest legislative changes and provide practical guidance on taking proactive steps to stop sexual harassment at work.
The session was delivered live on November 30 2022. two days after the Respect@Work bill passed the Senate. Members can access a recording of the session.
The session will:
- Increase your leadership team’s understanding of what is and what isn’t acceptable behaviour during employment
- Help managers understand why sexual harassment needs to be considered, and the business risks of poor management strategies
- Provide details of the upcoming changes to the legislative landscape and how they will affect employer obligations
- Cover personal, vicarious and accessorial liability
- Share tips on how to implement best practice systems to increase reporting and accountability
(SAFE) SPACE AGENCY AUDIT
Deploying relevant training and restructuring the accountability systems are the two ‘easy wins’ that organisations can make to set themselves up to be change-makers in this space. The next step is embedding and expanding the learnings from a single event into longer-term policy and culture change.
Take the next step with a (Safe) Space Agency Audit with Danny King Legal.
WHAT DOES THE AGENCY AUDIT INCLUDE?
- Initial audit with a DKL solicitor to assess size, structure, culture and HR capabilities of the agency
- Written advice and ‘health check’ on members’ policies and processes, highlighting areas of improvement. Includes detailed information about sexual harassment, its drivers, the underlying legislation, and member-specific recommendations on areas of increased risk and suggested operational changes.
- DKL team to run a tailored presentation to educate all employees and create a forum for any questions to be asked.
ACA MEMBERS $2,700 excl GST (Discounted member rate)
(Safe) Space Policy Review
An up-to-date set of policies is critical to provide clarity and accountability for the principles of (Safe) Space. Danny King Legal can support members with tailored advice and compliant documentation. Policies will form part of ACA member accreditation in 2023 and may be requested as part of procurement processes.
WHAT DOES THE POLICY REVIEW INCLUDE?
- Creation of workplace policies for organisations that don’t have them
- Re-draft and update existing policies
ACA MEMBERS $1,000 – $1,500 excl GST (Discounted member rate)
(Safe) Space Ongoing Support and Education
Depending on your business needs, Danny King Legal is able to support your DEI strategy and HR function in several ways, at member rates. This support is only available to those members who take up the (Safe) Space Agency Audit first.
HOW CAN DKL PROVIDE TAILORED SUPPORT?
- Follow up ‘Ask Me Anything’ session with the DKL team
- Creation of a pre-recorded, member-specific induction video (if applicable to your organisation) that will walk through essential information regarding sexual harassment and explain the member’s policies for all new hires.
- Year-long retainer with ongoing phone and email support for any sexual harassment-related questions or issues that arise
ACA members will need to speak with Danny King Legal on pricing for support as this is dependent on each member’s specific needs and is assessed at the time of engagement. \
ABOUT DANNY KING LEGAL
Danny King Legal is a boutique employment law firm based in Sydney’s CBD. A team of employment and industrial relations lawyers, representing employers, employees, HR professionals, and other lawyers.
With over 10 years of experience and service, Danny King Legal has grown to become one of Sydney’s top-rated employment law firms. Recognised as a Mental Health First Aid Gold Skilled Workplace, Danny King Legal takes a dedicated and non-judgemental approach to its work.