6 WEEKS, 2 HOURS PER WEEK
(30 MINUTE VIDEO LECTURE, 1.5 HOUR LIVE SESSION & ASSESSMENTS)
Balancing design theory with the modern reality of technology and data, this course has practical application in the Australian market.
All great companies know that they are in the business of customer experience.
Strategically designing the entire experience of discovering, purchasing, using and re-purchasing a product or service is a source of competitive advantage.
This course will give you the tools and confidence to lead this powerful process with your clients and colleagues.
From research fundamentals to mapping user flows, from assessing enabling technologies to ideating creative new experiences, this course gives you the full picture of Experience Strategy & Design.
Meet your Lecturers
What to expect
Breaking down a real brief each week, you will learn how to develop an experience strategy from start to finish.
This course has two main elements – a pre-recorded video lecture for participants to watch in their own time, and a live working tutorial session led by the course facilitator where participants can put theory into action. Additionally, this industry certified course includes homework/assessments.
Please note, if you have enrolled in an online course the “working tutorial sessions” are delivered live via zoom/teams.
- Approaches for running robust research and empathising with consumers
- Methods for identifying potent insights and translating learnings into a plan
- How to map user flows / journey
- Overview of enabling martech / adtech / CDP technologies – what they realistically do for you
- Understanding the role of creativity and how to validate ideas
- Building a business case to secure investment for your project
Who’s it for?
This course is suitable for Account Management, Brand Managers, Planners, Producers with a minimum of 2 years experience in strategic marketing or advertising, and with some exposure to digital or CX projects.
Week 1: Introduction and methodology
Lecturer: Brad Bennett, Head of Digital Strategy and Experience Design, Paper Moose (formerly Executive Strategy & Digital Director at Performics Mercerbell)
- Introduction to the experience economy
- Introduction to the experience design process
- Alignment on the terms and their meaning
Week 2: Empathy
Lecturer: Beth Duddy, Senior Service Designer, WooliesX (formerly Customer Experience Director, VCCP, Sydney)
- The importance of empathy
- Planning research around the challenge
- The research toolkit
- Synthesising and visualising insight: Building a picture of your audiences – their goals, needs and behaviours
Week 3: Understanding experience enablers
Lecturer: Nicole Flinton-Ferraro, Chief Experience Officer, CHEP Network
- The role of martech and data in delivering world class customer experiences across channels
- Personalisation, when is too much
Week 4: Strategic Planning
Lecturer: Craig Page, Chief Strategy Officer, CX Lavender (formerly Head of Strategy, VMLY&R ANZ)
- Identifying your most powerful insights
- Turning your learnings into a plan
- Mapping a future state that will both satisfy the customer and build the brand
Week 5: Experience Design
Lecturer: Darragh O’Connell, Creative Director, Experience, ACNE Dublin / Deloitte Digital (formerly Creative Director, Experience Design, R/GA)
- Explore the role of creativity in the brand experience
- Practice ideation and design for scale
- Practice validation and prioritisation techniques
- Prepare your presentation
Week 6: Presentations
- Present your ideas in a compelling way
This industry certified course includes assessments.
This course was extremely helpful in showing me the key stages and actions required to create a final polished product and successfully tackle a client brief. This knowledge will definitely assist me in future marketing and account management roles, cementing the need to carefully consider the perspective of the consumer in all aspects of my work.
Marketing & Communications Specialist
It’s been very helpful in assisting me to drive client thinking around how we can better implement CX into our plans and ultimately deliver better experiences for our customers.
Senior Account Manager, Orchard
I enjoyed the bite-sized content and how each topic is drilled down to its foundations.
CX Project Manager, Innocean Australia