(1 HOUR VIDEO LECTURE, 1.5 HOUR LIVE SESSION & ASSESSMENTS)
Lead clients and teams with confidence. This course will sharpen your account management and leadership skills – and set you up for success.
Meet your Facilitator & Lecturers
Weekly facilitators (live session)
Video lecturers (pre-recorded)
What to expect
This course offers the ultimate toolkit for the ambitious account person. Content incorporates the critical combination of hard skills (strategic / creative development, digital, media, pitching) and soft skills (leadership, relationship building, personal branding).
Designed to be engaging, interactive and thought-provoking, this course has two main elements – a pre-recorded video lecture for participants to watch in their own time, and a live working tutorial session led by the course facilitator where participants can put theory into action. Additionally, this industry certified course includes homework/assessments.
Please note, if you have enrolled in an online course the “working tutorial sessions” are delivered live via zoom/teams.
Who’s it for?
Account, client, brand and business managers with 2-5 years’ experience who want to be challenged and expand their existing knowledge base. Also brand managers and anyone who wants to grasp the process of commercial creativity.
- What defines great leadership?
- Difference between a manager and a leader
- What defines your leadership now vs. desired future state
- What clients really need from Account Managers
- How to build trusted client relationships
- Managing client conflict
- What defines great strategy / how do we manufacture effectiveness
- What a great brief looks like / the importance of great insights
- The strategic process
- How to sell great strategy
Week 4: The art of finance
Lecturer: Nick Hand
- Selling the value of creativity
- Key financial tools
- How can you maximise profitability on your project/client?
- How can you grow revenue?
- What your CFO needs from you in your role
Week 5: Grow your career
Lecturer: Sarah Palmer Jones
- How to take control of your career growth
- The importance of feedback
- How to manage up, down and sideways
- Building your personal brand
- Developing your network / mentors
- How to get the best out of the creative department
- How to write a brilliant brief
- How to judge creative work
- How to give good creative feedback
- How to add value to the creative process
Week 7: Master your presentation
Lecturer: Chris Howatson
- How to give a winning presentation
- The difference between pitching and presenting
- Building your confidence
- How to sell an idea and give a killer presentation
Week 8: Pitch perfect (& individual presentations)
Lecturer: Lee Simpson
- The dark art of new business
- The ingredients to a winning pitch
- Net new vs organic new business
- Your role in a new business pitch
- How you can drive organic growth
This industry certified course includes homework/assessments.
A jack of all trades but a master of one, by Ed Hughes
Reshaping AdSchool Account Management, by Paul Coles
You’ve got to ask what legacy you want to leave behind, by Chiquita King
Common traps and hurdles facing aspiring account managers, by Rob Kent
Bryce Coombe’s 5 must-have skills for account managers, by Bryce Coombe
The importance of ‘brand health’ and leadership, by Carolyn Mooney
Each class had a clear direction and purpose to drive better performance in the workplace. The detail and thought put into each class were fantastic.
The course has really given me the frameworks and pointers to how I can structure my professional growth.
I’ve come out of this course with a greater understanding and confidence, which I’ve taken back into my role.